19 February 2015

Shoes. Worn a little or a lot.

I've still got my wedding shoes.
I can detect a theme here. Last post had a wedding dress in there. Now it's shoes.

(Anyone have any comments on the V&A wedding dress Exhibition ? Were there too many concept and sample gowns and not enough dresses representative of a brides choice? Do tell)

The most comfortable shoes have the shortest life, as the equation
Comfy+no rubbing+go with most things = worn out quickly proves.

I was complimented on my pair of leopard patterned ankle boots recently and was delighted to be able to say in return how comfortable they were. My complimenter (could be new word not sure) replied that you didn't often see boots that were....short pause whilst non defamatory word sought...fashionable and that were easy to wear. The lady did make me feel good. Unexpected and unsolicited compliments will do that every time.

Back to the wedding shoes. They are 40 years old and are a far cry from the white satin beaded crystal embellished pumps that are today's must haves. They were once white, now yellowing, shiny PVC. Cross over bow front, ankle straps and small heels with a slight platform sole. I remember wearing them for a job interview after I was married..(not with the dress as well. Felt that that would be a bit OTT)  I got the job. Whether the shoes helped I cannot say.

Venerable espadrilles go on and on. Special beaded toed slippers last because I only wear them on special occasions. I have some gorgeous long leather boots. I don't even wear them on special occasions as they don't zip up any more. Leg problem. Not zip problem.

Mainly I keep mules. Not the......No. Cant bring myself to type anything about 4 legs or donkeys.
Slip on mules with a soft wedgie bit are bliss. If we have a summer this year I look forward to wearing them again. They sit in their clear plastic shoe boxes on a top shelf waiting patiently for a sun beam to pierce the dust...I'm getting poetic. Time to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment