6 May 2015

FAFANGAN ANTIK SHOP. GOTHENBURG SWEDEN

Earrings coming out of your ears....
If like me you can not stand the idea of pierced ears, but feel like a second class citizen because of the lack of choice these days when you look for clip on earrings, go to Fafangan Antik in Sweden. A bit of a long haul from the UK, but a shop that has a vast choice of clip earrings. And not just any old earrings. They have pristine examples from the 50s, 60s and 70s. For those of you who have had the (oh I wince to type this) hole...or God forbid holes plural... pierced in your ears, there are a lot for you to chose from too.
The clip ons are the highlight. I came away with 2 silver pairs that are classics and will get a lot of wear.The shop is an Aladdin's cave of jewellery, not just earrings, there is bric a brac too.
The charming guy behind the counter told me that the shop had supplied the Rohsska Museum with some Dior pieces for an exhibition....they had more Dior in a case in the shop...but I shut my eyes, gritted my teeth, counted my Kronor and kept walking.
This fab shop has more clip earrings than anywhere I have found in France, Brussels or Southern England.
I shall think kindly of it and Gothenburg every time I wear my vintage silver earrings that CLIP to my ear lobes.

Tack sa mycket Fafangan Antik.

No comments:

Post a Comment