13 July 2015

BBC Radio Sussex is FAB


LOCAL RADIO IS WONDERFUL.

There I've said it.

And not just because I was at BBC Radio Sussex today.


For the second time I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Allison Ferns. Allison is one of those friendly, buzzy people who greet you as if you are the one person that they have been waiting to talk to all day. 
You get to sit in a studio. You get to put on a head set (earphones and mike). Knobs still are twiddled and sliding switches are slid. And then you are ON.
Well ON with a small o as it was being recorded...last time it was live and that really was scary.

Allison asked me a range of questions about volunteering for Henfield Museum. I described what I'd done so far. What the museum had on show and how much fun it all was. I was pleased to be able to mention BN5, the great local magazine that I contribute to occasionally and to recount some of the back stories of clothes in my latest exhibition.

I really had no idea how long I'd been in the hot seat. The time passed so pleasantly. So well done Allison and well done Radio Sussex.  

They help people like me publicize places like my local museum..win win really.. I had a great time...what a way to spend part of a wet Monday morning...and here’s hoping Henfield Museum ....BN5 9DB... enjoys more visitors whatever the day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment